3 tablespoons Persian Rose loose leaf tea, finely ground (Be sure to crush the cardamom pods, take out the seeds and discard shells before grinding tea.)
½ cup packed light brown sugar
1½ sticks (¾ cup) unsalted butter
1½ teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups flour
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons rosewater
1 tiny drop organic natural red food coloring
1. Beat together ground tea, sugar and butter until fluffy and lighter in color.
2. Mix in vanilla and salt.
3. Fold in the flour gradually and continue to mix until uniform dough is formed.
4. Roll dough into a log 1½ inches in diameter using wax paper or plastic wrap.
6. After chilling, slice into ⅜-inch-thick cookies on baking sheet.
7. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes in a convection oven or a little longer in a regular oven (until the edges are golden).
8. Mix the icing. It is a simple glaze; be sure not to make it too thick.
9. Ice the cooled cookies with a brush. Top with rose petals while glaze is still wet